- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Whole Wheat Filo Dough Recipe
|Whole wheat flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs) (Measured Scoop And Level)|
|Oil||2 Teaspoon (Preferably Olive Oil)|
|Lukewarm water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Additional, For Flouring)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1360 Calories from Fat 169
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.7%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g18%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg
Sodium 96.3 mg4%
Total Carbohydrates 268 g89.4%
Dietary Fiber 28.8 g115.1%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 38 g75.5%
Vitamin A 5.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 11% Iron 57.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a food processor, mix the whole wheat flour and salt.
2. Slowly add the water, and process till the dough forms a ball, which should take 2-3 seconds after the water has been added.
3. Go on processing and add the cornstarch 1 tablespoon at a time, till the dough is silky-smooth, moderately firm, but still very elastic. It should take about 3 tablespoons.
4. Coat the dough with cornstarch and place in a plastic bag. Let it stand for 10 minutes.
5. Divide the dough into 8 and knead each one for 30 seconds and roll in cornstarch, keeping the others in the plastic bag while working on one.
6. Use the roller mechanism of a food processor to flatten the dough.
7. Flour with cornstarch and pass through once. Fold into thirds and pass lengthwise again so that the piece is about 2X6 inches.
8. Next, fold into thirds again and pass horizontally to get rough squares. Use your hands to shape.
9. Pass thrice vertically without folding to get a rectangle 5 x 15 inches.
10. Halve it into 2 long pieces, flour well and pass horizontally without folding to get a piece of roughly 5 1/2 x 15 inches. With your fingers, work fron the center to stretch the width by 1 Â½ to 2 inches more.
11. Dust with cornstarch and place between sheets of wax paper until ready to use, although itâ€™s best to use them immediately because they dry out rapidly.
12. You can freeze them layered between sheets of wax paper and sealed in a plastic bag.
13. Use it as a crust for further baking.