- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Whole Wheat Cornell Bread Recipe
|Active dry yeast||1 Tablespoon|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (105°-115°F)|
|Whole wheat flour||2 3⁄4 Cup (44 tbs) (Measured Scoop And Level)|
|Non fat milk powder||3 Tablespoon (Non Instant)|
|Wheat germ||3 Tablespoon|
|Soy flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (As Needed)|
Calories 531 Calories from Fat 110
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.6%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2.6 mg0.9%
Sodium 308.3 mg12.8%
Total Carbohydrates 88 g29.3%
Dietary Fiber 14.3 g57.1%
Sugars 12.5 g
Protein 24 g48.1%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 0.94%
Calcium 19% Iron 30.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Activate the yeast, for this, use a measuring cup to sprinkle yeast over 1/4 cup warm water.
2) Let stand in a warm place about 5 minutes until it dissolves or puffs.
3) Stir in oil and honey.
4) In your food processor, use the METAL BLADE setting.
5) In the work bowl, add whole wheat flour, milk powder, wheat germ, soy flour and salt. Pulse on/off to mix.
6) Pour in yeast mixture through the feed tube while machine is running.
7) Pour in remaining water in a steady stream, only as fast as the flour absorbs it.
8) Process the stiff dough ball for 20 seconds and test the consistency for right elasticity, stickiness and wetness, by stopping the machine.
9) If it is not ready, then process for another 10 seconds.
10) Sprinkle with additional 1-2 tablespoons flour into the dough and pulse machine on/off to coat dough for easy removal from work bowl.
11) In an oiled bowl transfer the dough and turn over to oil the entire surface.
12) Cover with plastic bag or damp cloth and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
13) Punch down dough and knead for 30 seconds to press out the dough.
14) Prepare a ball out of the dough, let rest by covering for 5 minutes.
15) Use greased 7 7/8 x 3 7/8-inch loaf pan, to place the loaf made from the dough.
16) Cover and let rise in warm place, free from drafts, until doubled, about 45 minutes.
17) Preheat oven to 375Â°.
18) Place the loaf pan inside oven on middle rack to bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and bottom crust of loaf has a hard hollow sound when tapped.
19) Immediately transfer the loaf on wire rack for cooling.
20) Serve the bread warm or cool with your choice of dip or spread.