- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Whole Wheat Christmas Stollen Recipe
|Active dry yeast||1 Tablespoon|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (105°-115°F)|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), scalded, cooled to lukewarm|
|Whole wheat flour||2 3⁄4 Cup (44 tbs) (Measured Scoop And Level)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter||4 Tablespoon, cut into 1 inch pieces (1/2 Stick)|
|Lemon extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon, rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Blanched almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried apricots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried pineapple||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Un-Sugared)|
|Powdered sugar||2 Tablespoon (For Topping)|
Calories 759 Calories from Fat 181
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.1%
Saturated Fat 9.2 g46%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 87 mg
Sodium 173.6 mg7.2%
Total Carbohydrates 133 g44.2%
Dietary Fiber 15.6 g62.3%
Sugars 56.5 g
Protein 19 g38.6%
Vitamin A 21% Vitamin C 3.8%
Calcium 11.4% Iron 31%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) With a plastic cup to sprinkle yeast over 1/4 cup warm water.
2) Let stand in a warm place about 5 minutes until it dissolves or puffs.
3) In your food processor, use the METAL BLADE setting to coarsely chop the nuts, apricots and pineapple separately, by adding a bit of flour to prevent from stickiness.
4) In the work bowl, add flour, salt, brown sugar and butter. Pulse on/off to mix.
5) Add lemon and almond.
6) On a lightly floured surface, punch down the dough, to knead in raisins, almonds, apricots and pineapple.
7) Roll the dough into a square of 11 x 11 inches.
8) Fold over one side by lapping 2/3 over the other side.
9) Press the center of the loaf upward between your palms to form the characteristic stollen "hump," as illustrated.
10) On a buttered cookie sheet, place the stolen.
11) Cover with plastic bag and allow rising in a warm place until doubled, about 1 1/2 hours.
12) Preheat oven to 325Â°.
13) Place inside oven to bake for 30 minutes or until golden.
14) Immediately transfer the loaf on wire rack for cooling.
15) Serve the bread warm or cool with your choice of dip or spread.