- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Whole Wheat Bread Recipe
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Soft butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Active dry yeast||1 Teaspoon (1 Package)|
|Lukewarm water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (1/4 Cup + 2/3 Cup, 110° To 115°F)|
Calories 212 Calories from Fat 32
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.7%
Saturated Fat 2 g10.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.1 mg
Sodium 366.7 mg15.3%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.2%
Dietary Fiber 3 g11.8%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 6 g11.5%
Vitamin A 1.9% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 1.3% Iron 12.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 375°F before baking.
2) In a measuring cup, take water and add in yeast, stirring for about 10 minutes to dissolve yeast.
3) Mix flour, whole wheat flour, brown sugar, soft butter and salt for about 5 seconds in a food processor bowl fitted with a Knife Blade.
4) Add in yeast mixture and then pour in enough water in a slow steady stream to form a loose ball from the dough.
5) Turn off the processor and transfer the dough onto a well-floured surface, tossing or folding over 9 or 10 times by hand.
6) Place the dough, figured into a ball, in a greased bowl and keep aside, covered in a warm place for about 1 1/2 hours to allow the dough to rise to double in size.
7) Place the risen dough on a well-floured surface and stir down.
8) Toss the dough until it becomes non-sticky and then figure it into a smooth ball.
9) Leave aside for 15 minutes after covering with a bowl.
10) Even out the dough on a lightly-floured surface to form a 14 x 7-inch rectangle loaf.
11) Beginning from the 7-inch end, roll up the rectangle tightly, sealing the ends and bottom with heels of hands.
12) Take a well-greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pan and place the rolled dough, seam side down, in it.
13) Keep covered in a warm place for about 1 hour until dough has risen 1-inch over sides of pan.
14) Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven until golden brown and then take off the bread from pan at once.