- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Whole Wheat Apricot Breads Recipe
|Dried apricots||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (Boiling)|
|Whole wheat flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Evaporated skim milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3245 Calories from Fat 1380
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 161 g248.2%
Saturated Fat 17.9 g89.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 238.7 mg
Sodium 1414.6 mg58.9%
Total Carbohydrates 433 g144.3%
Dietary Fiber 54 g216%
Sugars 217.4 g
Protein 68 g135.5%
Vitamin A 109.6% Vitamin C 5.8%
Calcium 138.5% Iron 108.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350Â°F.
2) In a bowl, mix the apricots with the oil, honey and boiling water.
3) Set aside to cool.
4) Now, mix the dry ingredients and nuts.
5) Mix the milk and egg and combine with the apricot mixture.
6) Add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients, mixing just until the dry ingredients are dampened.
7) Divide batter into 3 oiled loaf pans.
8) Let stand at room temperature 10 to 20 minutes.
9) Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
10) Cool thoroughly after done.
10) Wrap in foil and store overnight before slicing and serving.