- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Whole Roasted Turkey HD Recipe Video
|Whole turkey||8 Pound|
|Black pepper||To Taste, grounded|
|Extra virgin olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
Calories 614 Calories from Fat 299
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.6%
Saturated Fat 8 g40.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 261.3 mg87.1%
Sodium 285.5 mg11.9%
Total Carbohydrates 0.06 g0.02%
Dietary Fiber 0.03 g0.11%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 74 g148.4%
Vitamin A 0.5% Vitamin C 0.04%
Calcium 5.5% Iron 26%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedButcher's twine
1. Preheat the oven to 325 F.
2. Remove the giblets and neck from the cavity. Rinse the turkey with cold running water and drain well. Blot dry with paper towels.
3. Season the inside cavity with salt and pepper. Fold the wings under the body, to prevent the tips from burning. Tie the legs together with butcher string. Fold the neck skin and fasten it to the back with a skewer.
4. Drizzle the outside of the turkey with extra virgin olive oil. Season generously with salt and pepper. Place the turkey, breast side up, on a rack in a large, shallow roasting pan no more than 2.5 inches deep.
5. Insert an oven-safe thermometer into thickest part of the thigh, being careful it does not touch the bone.
6. Roast the turkey for 210 minutes depending on the weight. Frequently baste the turkey with the pan juices. Continue to roast until the thermometer registers 165 degrees F.
7. Remove the turkey from the oven and allow the bird to rest for 15-20 minutes before carving.
8. Serve Roasted Turkey with holiday spread.
Turkey defrosting times: 8-12 lbs. will take 1-2 days. 12-16 lbs. will take 2-3 days. Allow approximately 24 hours for every 5 lbs. in a refrigerator set at 40 F.