- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Whole Roasted Salmon With Sugar Cane And Rosemary Rub For Thanksgiving Recipe Video
|Farm coho salmon||6 Pound (head and tail intact and cleaned inside with fins removed)|
|Mexican sugarcane cones||4|
|Lemon zest||1 Large|
|Rosemary/Thyme leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sea salt||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 617 Calories from Fat 197
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.8%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g23.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 115.7 mg
Sodium 9323.7 mg388.5%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19%
Dietary Fiber 0.24 g0.94%
Sugars 56.7 g
Protein 48 g96.6%
Vitamin A 9.1% Vitamin C 6.3%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 4.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a food processor, add the sea salt, sugar, rosemary, lemon zest. Blend until well combined.
2. Take a baking sheet lined with foil. Use a cling or a plastic wrap and place one sheet big enough for the baking dish, place the fish and wrap the it over two times with the cling film. Set it aside for 10 minutes.
3. After 10 minutes, slit open one side of the cling wrap and apply the rosemary-sugar rub evenly on the fish and inside the cavity. Once done, wrap the fish again with the cling film and let it sit in the refrigerator for 3 1/2 hours for curing.
4. Before roasting the fish, remove the baking sheet, unwrap the cling film and pat dry the mixture with a paper towel.
5. On a chopping board, slice the lemon into desired slices. And add these slices in the fish cavity.
6. Take 2 sheets of foil big enough to be rolled to the size of the fish. Place the roll on side of the fish and place the other rolled up sheet on the opposite side, to help the fish stand on its stomach.
7. Drizzle the fish with olive oil and place it in the oven in the top rack for 35 - 40 minutes at 350 degrees F.
8. Once done, let the fish cool for about 15 minutes.
9. Using a sharp knife, slice the skin off the fish and set aside.
10. Serve the whole roasted salmon with brussel sprouts, carrots garnished with lemon slices and rosemary.