- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Whole Grain, Yogurt, and Berry Pancakes Recipe
|All-purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), unbleached|
|Whole-wheat flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), toasted|
|Yellow corn meal||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|Vanilla yogurt||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Skim milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Blueberries/Frozen blueberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), Defrosted|
|Strawberries||1 Cup (16 tbs), hulled|
|Raspberries/Frozen raspberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), Defrosted|
|Powdered sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Maple syrup||1 Tablespoon, warmed|
Calories 237 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.3%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 41 mg
Sodium 350.8 mg14.6%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.7%
Sugars 15.7 g
Protein 8 g16.1%
Vitamin A 2.4% Vitamin C 36.5%
Calcium 23.2% Iron 11.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl combine well the all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, wheat germ, corn meal, baking powder and salt.
2. In another bowl, beat the egg very well and mix in the melted butter, honey, yogurt and skim milk thoroughly.
3. Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ones, stirring them until the dry ingredients are just moistened.
4. Preheat a griddle or skillet over medium heat add 1/2 teaspoon of the butter and spread it quickly over the surface of the pan.
5. Add approximately 1/3 cup of the batter to the pan, cook the pancake until bubbles appear and then flip it over and cook on the other side until it is golden and cooked through.
6. Repeat this procedure with all of the batter and add more butter to the pan as needed.
7. Top each serving of pancakes with some blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and a sprinkling of the powdered sugar and serve with the warmed syrup.