- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Whole Grain Waffle Recipe Video
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oats||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (quick-cooking)|
|Corn meal||1 Tablespoon (yellow)|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs) (low-fat)|
|Egg||1 Large, lightly beaten|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 696 Calories from Fat 164
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.5%
Saturated Fat 5.5 g27.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 124.4 mg
Sodium 893.4 mg37.2%
Total Carbohydrates 114 g37.9%
Dietary Fiber 11.2 g45%
Sugars 24.1 g
Protein 25 g49%
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 0.47%
Calcium 52.3% Iron 33.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the waffle baker.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine all purpose flour, wheat flour, oats, yellow corn meal, brown sugar, salt, and baking powder. Mix well.
3. In another bowl, add egg, oil, milk, and yogurt. Whisk to combine.
4. In the large mixing bowl, pour milk mixture. Mix it well.
5. Pour mixture in waffle baker. Cover it with lid and bake for 3-4 minutes.
6. Serve waffle with hot coffee.