- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Whole Chicken In the Oil Free Cooker Recipe Video
|Whole chicken||3 Pound|
|Creole style butter marinade||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Tony Chachere's brand used)|
|Cajun rub||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Tango spice blend used)|
|Kosher salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 555 Calories from Fat 308
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.6%
Saturated Fat 9.8 g48.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 170.1 mg
Sodium 5931.6 mg247.1%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g4.9%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 42 g84.4%
Vitamin A 86.2% Vitamin C 6%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 11.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedOil free cooker or Big Easy.
1. On a board, place the roast chicken. Make sure the chicken is dry.
2. In a small bowl, pour the creole butter marinade and using the turkey marinade injection, inject this liquid in the chicken's leg and breast areas.
3. Take the Cajun rub and salt and rub it all over the chicken inside, out.
4. Take a 2 gallon zip lock bag and put the chicken inside. Refrigerate the chicken for 3 hours for marinating.
5. Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and insert a vertical rotessori through the top cavity and right out the bottom cavity. Attach the prongs of the rotessori and make sure the prongs are inserted inside the thighs of the chicken, apply some kosher salt to the chicken.
6. Take the wings of the chicken and tuck them behind in order to avoid burning the wings.
7. In the big easy, place some lump charcoal at the bottom of the boiler and fire it up using a propane lighter until it starts smoking.
8. Start the charbroiler and let it get hot before placing the chicken. Once the charbroiler is hot, place the meat hanging rod inside the boiler and hang the marinated chicken with a hooked rod. Let this cook for about 55 - 60 minutes.
9. Once done, remove and place in a foil.
10. Slice the chicken into desired pieces or serve it as a whole or with mayonnaise.