- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Whole chicken in the oil free cooker Recipe Video
|Creole style butter marinade||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Tony Chacheres Famous Creole Style Butter Marinade)|
|Cajun rub||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Tango Spice Cajun Rub)|
Calories 596 Calories from Fat 370
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g63.1%
Saturated Fat 11.7 g58.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 204.1 mg68%
Sodium 1248.1 mg52%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g0.9%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 51 g101.2%
Vitamin A 19.6% Vitamin C 7.3%
Calcium 3% Iron 13.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash and clean the chicken
2. Pour out the marinade into a bowl.
3. Fill a 2-Ounce Marinade Injector with the marinade and set aside till required.
4. Inject the marinade into the meat to ensure that the butter marinade enters the meat.
5. Sprinkle the bird with the spice rub and rub it into the meat inside and outside. Rest the chicken in a Ziploc back for 3 hours.
6. Prepare the chicken for the rotisserie by attaching it to roasting prongs.
7. Prepare the Char-Broil's The Big Easy Oil-less Infrared Turkey Fryer by placing charcoal inside it and heating it with a torch. Once the charcoal is hot, hang the chicken on the rotisserie spit. Smoke for 55 minutes.
8. Check the internal temperature of the chicken with a meat thermometer. It should read about 165 - 170 degrees Farenheit depending on the size of the chicken.
9. Remove the chicken from the prongs and cover with aluminum foil to keep it warm.
10. Carve it and serve with a fresh salad.
Use wood chips to add flavor to the smoked chicken