- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Whitefish Piquante Recipe
|Enriched all purpose flour||2 Teaspoon|
|Whitefish fillet||12 Ounce, cut in half (1 Piece)|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped capers||2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh parsley||2 Teaspoon|
|Grated lemon peel||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 507 Calories from Fat 227
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.6%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g14.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 225 mg
Sodium 635.2 mg26.5%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.92 g3.7%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 62 g123.6%
Vitamin A 24.1% Vitamin C 35.8%
Calcium 23.5% Iron 6.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Combine together the flour, salt and pepper in a small cup or bowl.
2) Use the mixture to sprinkle both sides of each fillet.
3) Heat the oil in a skillet which is large enough to hold the fillets flat.
4) Add the fish and cook for about 3 minutes, till the underside is browned.
5) With the help of a pancake turner, turn the fish carefully and cook till the other side is browned as well and the fish easily flakes when touched with a fork.
6) Transfer the fish to a serving platter and keep it warm.
7) Heat the margarine till it is bubbly in a small skillet.
8) Add the lemon juice, parsley, capers and lemon peel and stir well.
9) Cook the sauce for about 1 minute and pour it all over the fillets.
10) Serve hot.