- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
White Wine Mousse Recipe
|Eggs||6 , separated|
|Gelatin powder||1 Tablespoon, dissolved in 4 tbsp water|
|Water||4 Tablespoon (For Dissolving The Gelatin)|
|White wine||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cream||300 Milliliter, stiffly whipped with a pinch of sodium bicarbonate|
|Sodium bicarbonate||1 Pinch (Used For Whipping The Cream)|
|Marie biscuits/Digestive biscuits||150 Gram, finely crushed (1 Packet)|
|Cream||100 Milliliter, stiffly whipped|
Calories 564 Calories from Fat 102
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.7%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 216.2 mg
Sodium 272.9 mg11.4%
Total Carbohydrates 93 g31%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 46.1 g
Protein 13 g25.2%
Vitamin A 7.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 17.5% Iron 6.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place egg yolks and sugar in a bowl and beat with an electric beater or wire whisk until thick and double in volume.
2. Add gelatine and beat until well blended.
3. Pour in wine, a little at a time and blend.
4. Semi-set over ice or in the refrigerator, folding every 5-7 minutes with a metal spoon to keep the gelatin well distributed
5. Fold in cream and salt and semi-set again.
6. Whisk egg whites till stiff
7. Fold a spoon of egg whites into mousse to lighten it before gently folding in remaining egg whites.
8. Spoon into a glass bowl of l litre capacity or into individual dessert glasses.
9. Refrigerate to set.
10. Sprinkle crushed biscuits on top and pipe whipped cream rosettes to decorate.