- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
White Or Mealie Pudding From Scotland Recipe
|Onions||12 Ounce, chopped|
|Salt||2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Jamaica pepper/Black pepper||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
Calories 758 Calories from Fat 256
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.2%
Saturated Fat 8.5 g42.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 28.5 mg9.5%
Sodium 851.7 mg35.5%
Total Carbohydrates 94 g31.4%
Dietary Fiber 9 g35.8%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 17 g33.7%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 13.5%
Calcium 114.5% Iron 334.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a thick frying pan, over very low heat or in moderate oven, brown the oatmeal.
2) In a saucepan, over low heat, heat some of the fat and sauté onions in it until golden.
3) Add in oatmeal, salt and black pepper, mixing well.
4) In a pudding cloth, tie the mixture loosely to resemble a dumpling or into 2 x 2-pint pudding basins, pack the mixture without covering.
5) Cover the basins with water so that it reaches only halfway up their sides and boil for 1-1 1/2 hours.
6) Along with rich gravy, serve the puddings hot and complete with greens sliced and fried in a little oil until brown and crisp and fried tomatoes and boiled swedes and carrots.