- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
White Mulligatawny Soup Recipe
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Margarine/Nut fat||1 Ounce|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Curry powder||2 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Cornflour||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Vegetable stock/Water and yeast extract||1 1⁄2 Pint|
|Ground almonds||2 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Soya flour||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Jelly marmalade/Sugar||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Evaporated milk||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped chives/Chopped spring onion||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 448 Calories from Fat 298
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g51.9%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 110.1 mg36.7%
Sodium 936.5 mg39%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10.1%
Dietary Fiber 8 g31.9%
Sugars 10.1 g
Protein 9 g18%
Vitamin A 17.6% Vitamin C 23.3%
Calcium 13.8% Iron 22.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Heat fat and oil and sauté onion in it until pale yellow.
2) Stir in curry powder and cornflour followed by water and yeast extract or stock and allow the mixture to boil until thickened.
3) Blend soya flour with a little water.
4) Add almonds and blended soya flour to the onion mixture.
5) Simmer the mixture for 45 minutes after adding in jelly marmalade or sugar and lemon juice.
6) Pass through a strainer and heat again.
7) In a large casserole or tureen, whip egg and blend with milk.
8) Mix in hot soup and seasoning.
9) Serve hot on garnishing with chives or spring onion.