- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
White Layer Cake Recipe
|Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened (1 Stick)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cake flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs) (Sifted)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Egg whites||4 (At Room Temperature)|
Calories 494 Calories from Fat 107
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.4%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.6%
Trans Fat 0.8 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 469.9 mg19.6%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g26%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.4%
Sugars 38.4 g
Protein 20 g39.5%
Vitamin A 9.7% Vitamin C 0.02%
Calcium 11.1% Iron 0.74%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350Â°F.
2) In a bowl, cream together the margarine, vanilla extract, almond extract and 1 1/4 cup of sugar.
3) Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
4) Add the creamed mixture along with the buttermilk.
4) Beat the egg whites until foamy.
5) Gradually add the remaining sugar and beat to stiff peaks.
6) Fold into the batter and pour into 2 9-inch layer cake pans lined with wax paper.
7) Bake for about 30 minutes.
8) Cool for 10 minutes and remove from pans.
9) When the cake is cool, frost with a flavored 7-Minute frosting, and serve immediately.