- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
White Layer Cake Recipe
|Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened (1 Stick)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cake flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs) (Sifted)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Egg whites||4 (At Room Temperature)|
Calories 446 Calories from Fat 108
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.4%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 223.1 mg9.3%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.4%
Sugars 37.7 g
Protein 10 g19.1%
Vitamin A 9.7% Vitamin C 0.02%
Calcium 10.3% Iron 0.68%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350Â°F.
2) In a bowl, cream together the margarine, vanilla extract, almond extract and 1 1/4 cup of sugar.
3) Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
4) Add the creamed mixture along with the buttermilk.
4) Beat the egg whites until foamy.
5) Gradually add the remaining sugar and beat to stiff peaks.
6) Fold into the batter and pour into 2 9-inch layer cake pans lined with wax paper.
7) Bake for about 30 minutes.
8) Cool for 10 minutes and remove from pans.
9) When the cake is cool, frost with a flavored 7-Minute frosting, and serve immediately.