- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
White Holiday Fruit Cake Recipe
|Chopped mixed candied fruits||24 Ounce (3 Cups Or 3 Jars Of 8 Ounce Each)|
|Flaked coconut||6 Ounce (2 2/3 Cups Or 2 Cans Of 3 Ounce Each)|
|Golden raisins||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Coarsely chopped blanched almonds||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Grated orange peel||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sifted cake flour||3 3⁄4 Cup (60 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (1 1/2 Sticks)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Apple juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
Calories 1325 Calories from Fat 505
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 57 g87.3%
Saturated Fat 25.7 g128.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 204 mg
Sodium 407.2 mg17%
Total Carbohydrates 195 g65.1%
Dietary Fiber 11.5 g45.9%
Sugars 130.1 g
Protein 23 g45.2%
Vitamin A 15% Vitamin C 12.9%
Calcium 25.7% Iron 44.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Grease bottom and walls of an 8-inch tube pan, line bottom with wax paper and butter paper as well.
2. Combine candied fruits, coconut, raisins, almonds and orange peel in large bowl.
3. Sift flour, baking powder and salt over fruit; mix well.
4. Preheat the oven to 275°F
5. In a large mixing bowl, combine butter or margarine with sugar.
6. Use an electric mixer to beat until light and creamy.
7. Add eggs, one at a time to the creamed mixture, beating continuously until well blended.
8. Add the flour-fruit mixture in 3 batches, alternating with apple and orange juice, and gently stirring until blended into a smooth batter.
9. Turn and evenly spread batter into prepared pan.
10. Bake in preheated oven for 3 hours, or until firm to touch and wooden skewer comes out clean and dry when inserted into the center..
11. Remove from oven and cool cake in pan.
12. Turn out on wire rack, peel off wax paper and wrap cake foil or plastic wrap until ready to use.
13. You can freeze the cake or keep it fresh and moist in an air tight container or zip lock bag for 2 to 3 weeks.
14. Serve cake plain or drizzle top with orange butter icing and decorate with whole candied red cherries and pecan halves, if you wish.