- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
White Fungus with Melon Balls Recipe
|Fungus||1 1⁄2 Ounce, dried|
|Rock sugar||3 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Melon/Rock melon / honey dew||2 1⁄2 Ounce|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 542 Calories from Fat 4
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.45 g0.68%
Saturated Fat 0.04 g0.18%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 26.2 mg1.1%
Total Carbohydrates 117 g38.9%
Dietary Fiber 30.4 g121.8%
Sugars 85 g
Protein 5 g9.1%
Vitamin A 47.9% Vitamin C 43.3%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 14.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) After thoroughly washing the fungus, soak it in warm water for 1 hour.
2) Remove the stems and any tough portions and cut into bite-sized pieces.
3) Heat rock sugar and water in a pan, stirring until sugar dissolves. Set aside.
1) In a bowl, add white fungus. Cover the bowl and place it in a steamer.
2) Let it steam for 1 1/2 hours till the fungus gets soft.
3) Let it get cooled.
4) Just before serving, make small balls of the melon.
5) Add to the chilled fungus and serve in small individual bowls.