- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
White Fruit Cake Recipe
|Flour||1 Pound, sifted thrice (3 3/4 Cups, Measured Before Sifting)|
|Sugar||1 Pound, sifted thrice (2 Cup)|
|Crystallized pineapple||1 Pound (2 1/2 Cup Of Red And Green Colors Mixed)|
|White raisins||1 Pound (2 2/3 Cups)|
|Red cherries||1 Pound (3 Cup)|
|Green cherries||1 Pound (3 Cup)|
|Grated fresh coconut||1 Pound (5 Cup)|
|Chopped pecans||1 Pound (3 1/2 Cup)|
|Chopped almonds||1 Pound (3 Cup)|
|Butter sticks||3 , softened|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Whiskey||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg whites||12 , stiffly beaten|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 16723 Calories from Fat 8651
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 978 g1504.3%
Saturated Fat 352.5 g1762.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 728.9 mg
Sodium 1601.4 mg66.7%
Total Carbohydrates 1768 g589.2%
Dietary Fiber 178.3 g713.1%
Sugars 1094.1 g
Protein 249 g498.5%
Vitamin A 290.9% Vitamin C 126.2%
Calcium 237.9% Iron 382.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, combine the chopped fruit and nuts with 3/4 cup of the flour.
2) In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar well.
3) To this, sift together the flour and baking powder.
4) To this, alternately add floured fruit along with whiskey and egg whites.
5) To a bundt pan or 2 loaf pans, transfer the mixture.
6) Using a big pan of water, steam this mixture for an hour, at 325 degrees.
7) Reduce the heat to 300 degrees. Bake for about 2 3/4 to 3 hours, or till a straw comes out clean when inserted.
8) Let the cake cool in the pan.
9) With aluminum foil, wrap lightly. Store in covered tin box and use as required.