- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
French Style White Fish Recipe Video
|White fish/Salmon||1 1⁄2 Pound (thaw if frozen)|
|Shallot||1 Bunch (100 gm), finely chopped|
|Green onions||4 Bunch (400 gm), chopped|
|Fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Fresh thyme||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canola oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Crushed tomatoes||14 Ounce (1 can)|
Calories 216 Calories from Fat 62
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.8%
Saturated Fat 0.74 g3.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 76 mg25.3%
Sodium 191.9 mg8%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18.1%
Sugars 2.5 g
Protein 25 g50.2%
Vitamin A 79.6% Vitamin C 82.1%
Calcium 14.5% Iron 20.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF/200ºC.
2. In a skillet, heat mushrooms till they are brown in color and have the moisture removed.
3. Take heated mushroom in a bowl and add the shallots, green onions, fresh parsley, fresh thyme, bread crumbs, 2 tbsp canola oil and mix well to make the herb duxelle mixture.
4. Take a 14x9 pan that is oiled with canola oil.
5. Spread the crushed tomatoes to the bottom of the pan and add the balsamic vinegar, mix well.
6. Place slices of the fish over the crushed tomatoes.
7. Spread the herb duxelle over the fish.
8. Bake this at 400 degree Fahrenheit for about 15 to 20 minutes.
9. Serve this on a plate with some brown or steamed rice .
10. Granish with some boiled vegetables on the side and accompany the meal with white wine or a glass of milk!