- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
White Dough Recipe
|All purpose flour||6 Cup (96 tbs), divided|
|Salt||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dry yeast package||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg white||1 , slightly beaten|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3330 Calories from Fat 419
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g73.7%
Saturated Fat 26.4 g132.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 108.1 mg
Sodium 4961.6 mg206.7%
Total Carbohydrates 626 g208.7%
Dietary Fiber 21.7 g87%
Sugars 53.2 g
Protein 87 g174.7%
Vitamin A 24.8% Vitamin C 0.04%
Calcium 26.1% Iron 200.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl add sugar, yeast, salt , and flour and mix well.
2) Take a skillet and add water, milk, and butter to it and cook this mixture for some time over low heat, till the butter dissolves completely.
3)Allow the mixture to cool at 120 F to 130 F.
4) When cooled combine the liquid mixture with flour- yeast mixture and blend it well using electric mixer at medium speed for about 2 minutes.
5) Gradually go on adding the remaining flour to this mixture till it forms a soft dough. The flour should be added in gradual stages and blend it well using the electric mixer .
6) Place the dough on floured surface and knead it properly for about 10 minutes till it turns soft and elastic.
7) Shape the dough and place it in a greased bowl and store them in warm place at 85 F.
8) Allow the dough to raise to its double volume and take it out after about an hour or two.
9) Use as required.