- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
White Christmas Pie Recipe
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), whipped|
|Moist shredded coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|9 inch baked pie shell||9|
Calories 1676 Calories from Fat 800
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 93 g143.2%
Saturated Fat 38 g190.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 34 mg
Sodium 1581.8 mg65.9%
Total Carbohydrates 179 g59.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.4%
Sugars 49.1 g
Protein 19 g37%
Vitamin A 7.2% Vitamin C 0.93%
Calcium 122.2% Iron 3.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan combine gelatine, flour, 1/2 cup of sugar and salt along with milk.
2. Boil the mixture over low heat by stirring it continuosly. When done remove from heat and allow it to cool.
3. When the mixture gets partially set, whip the mixture using rotary beater until it turns smooth.
4. Fold in almond extract and vanilla to it along with cream.
5. In seperate bowl whip egg whites until they turn foamy. Fold in remaining sugar to the whipped egg white until it forms stiff peaks.
6. Gradually add gelatine mixture and coconut.
7. Pour the mixture into pie shell and chill until it is set.
8. Serve chilled.