- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
White Christmas Fruit Cake Recipe
|Chopped candied fruits||24 Ounce (Three 8 Ounce Jars Or 3 Cups)|
|Flaked coconut||6 Ounce (Two 3 Ounce Cans Or 2 2/3 Cups)|
|Golden raisins||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Blanched almonds||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Grated orange peel||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sifted cake flour||3 3⁄4 Cup (60 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Use 1 1/2 Sticks)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Apple juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
Calories 1240 Calories from Fat 420
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75.5%
Saturated Fat 25.4 g126.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 204 mg
Sodium 414.9 mg17.3%
Total Carbohydrates 192 g64%
Dietary Fiber 10 g40%
Sugars 130 g
Protein 19 g37.1%
Vitamin A 15% Vitamin C 12.9%
Calcium 20.1% Iron 42.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take an 8-inch tube pan grease the bottom and side of and line bottom with greased wax paper.
2. In a large bowl combine candied fruits, coconut, raisins, almonds and orange peel.
3. Sift flour, baking powder and salt over the fruit and mix well.
4. In medium-size bowl cream butter or margarine with sugar such that fluffy and beat in eggs, one at a time.
5. Mix apple and orange juices and pour over fruit mixture.
6. Fold and blend until mixed thoroughly and into a prepared pan spoon batter, pressing down firmly with a spoon to make top even.
7. In very slow oven at 275° let it bake for 3 hours such that firm on top.
8. In pan let the cake cool completely, then with a knife loosen around edge, turn out on wire rack and remove paper.
9. Using wax paper, foil or transparent wrap, wrap the cake until ready to use.
10. To serve frost the top with orange butter icing, letting frosting drip down over side and center tube.
11. Optionally decorate with whole candied red cherries and pecan halves.
The cake freezes perfectly or it will keep fresh and moist for 2 to 3 weeks when stored in a tightly fastened plastic bag.