- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
White Christmas Cake Recipe
|White sultana raisins||1 Pound|
|Glazed cherries||1 Pound (1/2 Red And 1/2 Green)|
|Mixed fruit||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Canned pineapple||16 Ounce, crushed (1 Can)|
|Canned crushed pineapple||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|White sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5595 Calories from Fat 1363
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 155 g238.1%
Saturated Fat 92.2 g460.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 997.3 mg
Sodium 3456 mg144%
Total Carbohydrates 1069 g356.4%
Dietary Fiber 32.7 g131%
Sugars 910.8 g
Protein 45 g90.3%
Vitamin A 106.2% Vitamin C 57.3%
Calcium 120.2% Iron 87.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 300°F.
2) Line a cake pan with butter paper.
3) In a bowl, add raisins, cherries, mixed fruit and crushed pineapple. Let the bowl rest untouched overnight.
4) Dust the rested nuts and fruit with 1/4 cup flour to coat well. Set aside.
5) Sieve together flour, baking powder and salt. Combine well.
6) In a large bowl, whip the butter along with sugar to get a light, fluffy and creamy mixture. Add in the eggs, one by one, beating well each time.
7) Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir well.
8) Fold in the floured nuts and fruits till well mixed.
9) Pour the cake batter into the baking pan and bake for about 3 hours.
10) Dust the cake with icing sugar.