- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
White Chocolate and Orange Muffins Recipe Video
|All purpose flour||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs)|
|Polenta/Yellow cornmeal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|White chocolate chips||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange||1 (zest and juiced)|
Calories 536 Calories from Fat 220
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38%
Saturated Fat 8.8 g44.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 42.6 mg14.2%
Sodium 389.3 mg16.2%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.3%
Sugars 42.3 g
Protein 8 g15.6%
Vitamin A 2.8% Vitamin C 19.9%
Calcium 24.3% Iron 17.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Line muffin tin with muffin papers.
3. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda and sugar.
4. Stir the chocolate chips in flour mixture.
5. In a separate bowl, combine the egg, vegetable oil, milk, zest and juice of the orange.
6. Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until incorporated.
7. Pour the batter into the muffin pan.
8. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean.
9. Let stand for 5 minutes on a wire rack.
10. Serve with tea or coffee.