- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's White Chocolate Holiday Cookies Recipe Video
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (I used 1 stick butter and 1 stick margarine for this and the above ingredient)|
|Packed brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|White sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|White chocolate||6 Ounce (or 1 cup white chocolate chips)|
|Chopped pecans||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
Calories 482 Calories from Fat 275
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g48.4%
Saturated Fat 10.7 g53.6%
Trans Fat 1.1 g
Cholesterol 39.5 mg
Sodium 179.7 mg7.5%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.8%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Sugars 29.9 g
Protein 5 g10.2%
Vitamin A 5.9% Vitamin C 0.85%
Calcium 6.5% Iron 8.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
2. Grease and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. In a mixing bowl, cream the butter, shortening, brown and white sugar.
4. Add egg and almond extract; mix well.
5. In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and ground ginger. Mix well.
6. Gradually add the dry mixture into the creamed mixture, beating constantly.
7. Stir in white chocolate and pecans.
8. Roll and flatten a tablespoon of dough and place them 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheet.
9. Pop in oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
10. Serve with a cup of hot coffee and enjoy