- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
White Chili Recipe
|Chicken breast||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked|
|Monterey jack cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Great northern beans||1 Pound, dried (White Beans)|
|Onions||2 Medium, coarsely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Canned green chilies||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Dried oregano||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed (Use A Mortar And Pestle)|
|Coriander||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Cloves||1⁄8 Teaspoon, ground|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon (To Taste, You May Use More)|
Calories 622 Calories from Fat 95
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.4%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 63 mg
Sodium 794.1 mg33.1%
Total Carbohydrates 85 g28.2%
Dietary Fiber 26.2 g104.8%
Sugars 7.1 g
Protein 47 g94.1%
Vitamin A 14.2% Vitamin C 37.7%
Calcium 49.3% Iron 53.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Soak the beans overnight.
2. Get the water drained and they are ready for use.
1. Combine the beans, stock, half of the onions, the garlic and salt in a large heavy saucepan or pot and bring to a boil.
2. Cook under low flame, cover, and simmer for 2 hours, or until the beans are very tender, adding more stock as needed.
3. Use a heavy pot so that more stocks are not required.
4. When the beans get tender, add the remaining onions and the chilies, cumin, oregano, coriander, cloves, and cayenne.
5.Mix all ingredients well and continue to cook, keeping the pot covered for 30 minutes.
6.Add the chicken and heat through.
7.Spoon 1 cup of chili into each serving bowl
8.Top with 2 tablespoons of cheese before serving.