- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
White Chicken Chili Spicy, Chunky, Hearty and Savory Recipe Video
|Chicken breast boneless skinless||1 Pound, cubed|
|Soft butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped finely|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm), minced|
|Green chili||7 Ounce, chopped (1 can)|
|Ground cumin||4 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||3 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Great northern beans||3 Can (30 oz)|
|Chicken broth||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Monterey jack cheese||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Cracked black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Optional)|
Calories 1380 Calories from Fat 362
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g68.2%
Saturated Fat 24 g119.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 187.7 mg
Sodium 1918.8 mg80%
Total Carbohydrates 152 g50.6%
Dietary Fiber 47.6 g190.4%
Sugars 11.8 g
Protein 98 g195.9%
Vitamin A 63.9% Vitamin C 238.3%
Calcium 112.1% Iron 93.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large stock pot, melt butter. Add chicken and cook over medium heat just until the outside is white.
2. Put onions and celery. Saute for around 10 minutes or until very tender.
3. Add the garlic, green chiles, cumin, paprika, oregano and cayenne pepper. Stir until well combined. Saute for 2 more minutes.
4. Put beans and pour chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
5. Reduce the heat and add cheese. At this point taste it and season with salt and pepper to taste if desired.
6. Turn off the heat and let it sit for 2 minutes before serving.
7. In a serving bowl or plate, serve the chili with choice of crispy bread.