- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
White Chicken Chili Recipe Spicy, Chunky, Hearty & Savory Recipe Video
|For the chicken|
|Butter||4 Tablespoon (3 - 4 tbsp)|
|Chicken breasts||1 Pound (3 -4 breasts cubed)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Minced garlic/Garlic juice||5 Clove (25 gm)|
|Canned green chilies||7 Ounce, chopped (One 7 oz can of chopped green chilies)|
|Ground cumin||4 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||3 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|The beans and broth|
|Canned great northern beans||48 Ounce, undrained (Three 16 oz cans used)|
|Chicken broth||5 Cup (80 tbs) (3 - 5 cups as per the consistency required)|
|Monterey jack cheese||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
Calories 740 Calories from Fat 159
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.8%
Saturated Fat 10.1 g50.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 48.8 mg16.3%
Sodium 628.7 mg26.2%
Total Carbohydrates 91 g30.5%
Dietary Fiber 29.3 g117.3%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 53 g106.6%
Vitamin A 21.2% Vitamin C 30%
Calcium 53.5% Iron 50.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pot, melt 3-4 Tablespoons of butter. Add in cubed chicken and cook over medium heat just until the chicken pieces turn white on the outside.
2. Add the chopped onions and celery. Stir to combine everything, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the onions and celery are tender.
3. Add the freshly minced garlic, canned green chilies and stir.
4. Add all the spices. Stir until well combined. Saute for about 2 minutes, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
5. Add the beans (along with all the liquid in the cans) and chicken broth (add in enough broth to reach the consistency you prefer. Chef adds 4 cups). Bring it to a boil.
6. Reduce the heat and add in the cheese. Stir until all the cheese melts.
7. Taste the broth. Season with salt & pepper if required.
8. Ladle into a bowl, sprinkle on a little more cheese and serve.