- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
White Chicken Chili- Spicy, Chunky, Hearty & Savory Recipe Video
|For the chicken|
|Butter||4 Tablespoon (3 - 4 tbsp)|
|Chicken breasts||1 Pound (3 -4 breasts cubed)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Minced garlic/Garlic juice||5 Clove (25 gm)|
|Canned green chilies||7 Ounce, chopped (One 7 oz can of chopped green chilies)|
|Ground cumin||4 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||3 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|The beans and broth|
|Canned great northern beans||48 Ounce, undrained (Three 16 oz cans used)|
|Chicken broth||5 Cup (80 tbs) (3 - 5 cups as per the consistency required)|
|Monterey jack cheese||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
Calories 421 Calories from Fat 142
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.6%
Saturated Fat 9.3 g46.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 75.1 mg
Sodium 1009.9 mg42.1%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.4%
Dietary Fiber 8.8 g35.1%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 31 g61.5%
Vitamin A 23.7% Vitamin C 20.8%
Calcium 39.5% Iron 17.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pot, melt 3-4 Tablespoons of butter. Add in cubed chicken and cook over medium heat just until the chicken pieces turn white on the outside.
2. Add the chopped onions and celery. Stir to combine everything, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the onions and celery are tender.
3. Add the freshly minced garlic, canned green chilies and stir.
4. Add all the spices. Stir until well combined. Saute for about 2 minutes, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
5. Add the beans (along with all the liquid in the cans) and chicken broth (add in enough broth to reach the consistency you prefer. Chef adds 4 cups). Bring it to a boil.
6. Reduce the heat and add in the cheese. Stir until all the cheese melts.
7. Taste the broth. Season with salt & pepper if required.
8. Ladle into a bowl, sprinkle on a little more cheese and serve.