- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
White Bean Bruschetta Recipe Video
|White beans||1 Can (10 oz), rinsed|
|Kosher salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (as needed, to taste)|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon (as needed, to taste)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Romano cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Flat leaf parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Medium, roasted, chopped (1 head , roasted in a 325 F oven for about 40 minutes)|
|Baguette||1 Large, toasted (12 - 1/2 inch slices)|
Calories 361 Calories from Fat 95
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g16%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g11.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.7 mg
Sodium 490.3 mg20.4%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.6%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.3%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 17 g33.5%
Vitamin A 4.9% Vitamin C 5.9%
Calcium 20.7% Iron 29%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, smash some of the beans with the back of a spoon just enough to begin binding the beans.
2) Add the cheese, extra virgin olive oil, parsley, garlic and salt and pepper.
3) Stir to combine the ingredients and taste for seasoning adjust as necessary.
4) Place a spoonful of the white bean mixture on the toasted baguette and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
5) On a serving platter, arrange the White Bean Bruschetta , garnish with parsely and serve immediately.