- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Whitby Yule Cake Recipe
|Butter||6 Ounce, softened|
|Plain flour||12 Ounce, sifted|
|Soft brown sugar||4 Ounce|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Ounce|
|Nutmeg||5 Milliliter, grated|
|Raisins||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Currants||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Mixed candied peel||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Almonds||2 Ounce, chopped (50 Gram)|
|Brandy||2 Fluid Ounce (50 Milliliter)|
|Single cream||30 Milliliter|
Calories 1044 Calories from Fat 420
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g74.1%
Saturated Fat 25 g124.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 236 mg
Sodium 58.8 mg2.5%
Total Carbohydrates 137 g45.7%
Dietary Fiber 11.2 g44.7%
Sugars 48.6 g
Protein 15 g29.4%
Vitamin A 28.3% Vitamin C 85.1%
Calcium 18.8% Iron 15.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Let the oven heat to 325°F (170°C/Gas 3) and grease and line a 20 cm (8 in) square tin.
2. Into the flour rub or cut the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
3. Put in the dry ingredients.
4. Beat the eggs with the brandy.
5. Put in to the dry ingredients and mix well with a fork.
6. Put in enough of the cream to mix to a soft dough.
7. Into the prepared tin press and mark into 9 squares, cutting half-way through the dough.
8. Let it bake the cake for 2 1/2—3 hours.
9. Take out of the oven and turn out on to a wire rack to cool.
10. When cold, break into rough pieces along the marked lines.