- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Whiskey Laced Mince Pies Recipe
|Mincemeat||8 Ounce (225 Gram, 1 Cup)|
|Glaze candied pineapple||2 Ounce, chopped (50 Gram, 1/4 Cup)|
|Glaze cherries||2 Ounce, chopped (Candied, 50 Gram, 1/4 Cup)|
|Whiskey||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Egg/A little milk||1 , beaten|
|Icing sugar||1 Tablespoon (Confectioner’S, For Dusting)|
|Grated orange rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Caster sugar||15 Milliliter (Superfine, 1 Tablespoon)|
|Plain flour||8 Ounce (All Purpose, 225 Gram, 2 Cups)|
|Butter||5 Ounce, diced (150 Gram, 2/3 Cup)|
|Butter||3 Ounce, softened (75 Gram, 6 Tablespoon)|
|Icing sugar||6 Ounce, sifted (Confectioner’S, 175 Gram, 1 1/2 Cups)|
|Whisky||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4481 Calories from Fat 2116
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 238 g365.7%
Saturated Fat 136.4 g682%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1086.9 mg
Sodium 424 mg17.7%
Total Carbohydrates 470 g156.6%
Dietary Fiber 6.9 g27.5%
Sugars 275 g
Protein 84 g167.7%
Vitamin A 123.2% Vitamin C 11.3%
Calcium 14.3% Iron 13.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Rub or cut in the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the egg mixture and mix to a dough. Wrap in clear film (plastic wrap) and chill for 30 minutes.
3. Mix the mincemeat, glace pineapple and cherries in a small bowl. Spoon the whisky over and leave to soak.
4. Roll out three-quarters of the pastry. Stamp out fluted rounds and use to line 12-15 patty or cupcake tins. Roll out the remaining pastry thinly and stamp out star shapes.
5. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/ Gas 6. Spoon a little filling into each pastry case and top with a star shape. Brush with a little beaten egg or milk and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden. Leave to cool.
6. Meanwhile, make the whisky butter. Place the butter, icing sugar, whisky and grated orange rind in a small bowl and beat with a wooden spoon until light and fluffy.
7. To serve, lift off each pastry star, pipe a whirl of whisky butter on top of the filling, then replace the star. Dust the mince pies with a little icing sugar.