- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
The Posh Pescatarian: Whiskey Grilled Shrimp Recipe Video
|Shrimp||2 Pound, deveined and shelled|
|Whiskey/Rum||2 Tablespoon (tequila)|
|Ghee/Clarified butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic cloves||4 Medium|
|Salt||1 Tablespoon (to taste)|
|White pepper||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 695 Calories from Fat 459
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g80.2%
Saturated Fat 30.7 g153.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 475.4 mg
Sodium 1792 mg74.7%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.72 g2.9%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 47 g93.2%
Vitamin A 14.6% Vitamin C 21.5%
Calcium 13.6% Iron 33.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat an outdoor grill until it reaches the desired temperature.
3. In a bowl pour clarified butter or the ghee clear of milk solids.
4. Cut garlic and mix with the clarified butter or ghee.
5. Grate lime zest over the shrimp, add the whiskey, half of ghee, salt, white pepper and stir to coat.
6. Pierce the shrimps onto skewers to get 5 on each skewer.
7. Place on a preheated grill for about 5-6 minutes turning them from time to time.
8. Chop parsley and mix into the remaining ghee to make the dipping sauce.
9. On a plate place the grilled shrimp on skewers along with a cup of garlic and parsley infused ghee and lemon wedges.