- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Wheatena Coconut Cookies Recipe
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4297 Calories from Fat 1806
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 203 g312.2%
Saturated Fat 56.6 g283.2%
Trans Fat 18 g
Cholesterol 426 mg142%
Sodium 3155.9 mg131.5%
Total Carbohydrates 560 g186.8%
Dietary Fiber 18.9 g75.4%
Sugars 258.8 g
Protein 69 g137.9%
Vitamin A 10.4% Vitamin C 2.2%
Calcium 99.3% Iron 119.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a medium bowl, using a sieve, sift together flour, salt and baking powder; keep aside.
3. Stir in WHEATENA.
4. Add coconut and nuts.
5. In a large bowl, cream together shortening, sugar, eggs, milk and vanilla.
6. Add the flour mixture to butter mixture; stir until well blended.
7. On a floured surface, roll dough to 1/8 inch thickness.
8. Using a cookie cutter, cut into desired shape.
9. On a cookie sheets, place the cookies and bake in preheated oven for about 10 minutes until lightly browned.
10. Remove over wire rack and let cool.
11. Sprinkle sugar over cookies, if desired.