- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Wheat Rye Buckwheat Bread Recipe
|Active dry yeast||1 Tablespoon|
|Warm water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (105°-115°F)|
|Whole wheat flour||4 Cup (64 tbs) (Measured Scoop And Level)|
|Rye flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Measured Scoop And Level)|
|Buckwheat flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Measured Scoop And Level)|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
Calories 658 Calories from Fat 97
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.2%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g7.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 742.1 mg30.9%
Total Carbohydrates 127 g42.3%
Dietary Fiber 21.4 g85.7%
Sugars 7.2 g
Protein 23 g46.6%
Vitamin A 0.3% Vitamin C 0.08%
Calcium 6.1% Iron 40.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Use a measuring cup to sprinkle yeast over 1/2 cup warm water.
2) Let stand in a warm place about 5 minutes until it dissolves or puffs.
3) Stir in oil and honey.
4) In your food processor, use the PLASTIC DOUGH BLADE setting.
5) In the work bowl, add wheat, rye, buckwheat flours, cornmeal and salt. Pulse on/off to mix.
6) Pour in yeast mixture through the feed tube while machine is running.
7) Pour in remaining water in a steady stream, only as fast as the flour absorbs it.
8) Process the dough ball for 20 seconds and test the consistency for right elasticity, stickiness and wetness, by stopping the machine.
9) If it is not ready, then process for another 10 seconds.
10) Sprinkle with additional 1-2 tablespoons flour into the dough and pulse machine on/off to coat dough for easy removal from work bowl.
11) In an oiled bowl transfer the dough and turn over to oil the entire surface.
12) Cover with plastic bag or damp cloth and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
13) Punch down dough and knead for 30 seconds to press out the dough.
14) Prepare a ball from the dough, let rest by covering for 5 minutes.
15) Use a greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pan, to place the loaf made from the dough.
16) Cover and let rise in warm place, free from drafts, until doubled, about 45 minutes.
17) Preheat oven to 375Â°.
18) Place the pan inside oven on middle rack to bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown and bottom crust of loaf has a hard hollow sound when tapped.
19) Immediately transfer the loaf on wire rack for cooling.
20) Serve the bread warm or cool with your choice of dip or spread.