- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Wheat Germ Muffins Recipe
|Sifted all purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Wheat germ||1 Cup (16 tbs) (From A 12-Ounce Jar)|
|Egg||1 , well beaten|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||4 Tablespoon, melted (1/2 Stick)|
|Molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2142 Calories from Fat 632
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 72 g111.1%
Saturated Fat 37.8 g188.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 357.4 mg
Sodium 2920.3 mg121.7%
Total Carbohydrates 327 g109.1%
Dietary Fiber 20.2 g81%
Sugars 106.5 g
Protein 58 g116.5%
Vitamin A 38.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 121.6% Iron 122.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium size bowl, sift all purpose flour , sugar , and baking powder. Slowly stir in the wheat germ. Using your hands, make a well in the centre of all the ingredients.
2. Grease 12 medium sized muffin pan cups with butter and keep aside.
3. In a small bowl ,molasses, beat eggs, milk and melted butter or margarine using a small wired whisk or electric hand-held mixer.
4. Add the flour mixture to the egg, milk and butter/margarine, stirring constantly. Using a small wire whisk. Do not over stir, only until all the liquid is fully incorporated to form a lumpy batter.
5. Pour the batter evenly into the muffin cups and till each cup if only 2/3 full. The muffins will rise beyond the cups when baked.
6. In a hot oven at 400 Degrees Fahrenheit, bake the muffins for 25 minutes or until surface is brown. When dabbed, the muffins should have a springy, and bouncy feel.
7. Serve hot with butter or margarine and your favourite jelly, jam, marmalade, or preserves.