- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Wheat Germ Brownies Recipe
|Unsweetened chocolate square||3|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|10x confectioners' powdered sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3413 Calories from Fat 1625
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 186 g286.1%
Saturated Fat 67.9 g339.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 543.9 mg
Sodium 181.3 mg7.6%
Total Carbohydrates 412 g137.2%
Dietary Fiber 41.2 g165%
Sugars 311.5 g
Protein 70 g140.6%
Vitamin A 37.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 27.9% Iron 156%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Beat eggs in medium-size bowl with electric mixer at high speed; slowly add sugar; beat until fluffy.
3. Add cooled chocolate mixture and beat until well blended; stir in wheat germ and walnuts, then vanilla.
4. Spread batter evenly in a greased 8x8x2-inch baking pan.
5. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 35 minutes, or until shiny and firm on top; cool in pan on wire rack.
6. Sprinkle 10X sugar over brownies, to coat evenly. Cut into 16 squares.