- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fish Balls Stew -African Food Recipe Video
|For fish balls|
|Fish||500 Gram (fish fillet)|
|Chili pepper||To Taste|
|Red chili/Green chili||To Taste|
|Peanut butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Corn flour||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|For tomato stew|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Large, mince|
|Garlic cloves||3 , grated|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Cooking oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Potato||1 Large, peeled, chopped|
|Carrot||1 Small, peeled, chopped|
|Cabbage||1⁄2 , cut into medium pieces (Optional)|
Calories 477 Calories from Fat 208
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.2%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g17.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 65.1 mg
Sodium 1172.2 mg48.8%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.7%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27.1%
Sugars 10.2 g
Protein 31 g62.1%
Vitamin A 57.8% Vitamin C 98%
Calcium 10.3% Iron 16.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. With a knife, remove bones and skin from the fish. Chop and set aside. You can skip the step if using fish fillet.
For Fish Balls:
2. In food processor, grind the fish with some salt.
3. Transfer it to a bowl, and grind onion, garlic, bouillon cube, chilies peppers, and green chili in it.
4. Mix the fish with the onion mixture and peanut butter. Add corn flour if you want balls to be harder.
5. Grease your hands and shape the fish mixture into small balls.
6. In a pan, heat the oil on medium flame and fry the balls until brown. Fry in batches. Drain on paper towel and set aside.
7. In a big bowl, mash the fresh tomatoes with little water.
8. Add the tomato paste, minced onion, grated garlic, bouillon cube, and black pepper.
9. In a pan, heat cooking oil and add the tomato mixture. Let simmer on low heat for 5-10 minutes or until thickened.
10. Add vegetables and 2 cups of water. Bring to boil and add the fish balls and cabbage. Cover and let simmer for 20 minutes.
11. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
12. Serve with rice and enjoy!