- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Wenatchee Apple Marmalade Recipe
|Apples||6 Pound, cut into juliennes|
|Orange||1 , rind grated and juice extracted|
|Lemons||1 , rind grated and juice extracted|
|Water||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Ground ginger||2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 12066 Calories from Fat 48
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.8%
Saturated Fat 1 g5.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 32.2 mg1.3%
Total Carbohydrates 3128 g1042.8%
Dietary Fiber 73.1 g292.4%
Sugars 3016.8 g
Protein 10 g19.6%
Vitamin A 37.2% Vitamin C 403.5%
Calcium 30.6% Iron 29.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, mix together apples, sugar, rind and juice of orange and lemon, water and ginger.
2) Heat the apple mixture to a boil.
3) Cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
4) While cooking if the apple mixture is dry add more water to prevent burning.
5) Spoon the apple mixture into a sterilized jar.
6) Stir a small spoon in the jar, to escape the trapped air bubbles if any.
7) Allow the mixture to cool down and seal with sterilized lids.
8) Place the jar in refrigerator.
9) Serve as desired.