- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Authentic Welsh Rabbit Recipe
|Cheddar cheese||1 Pound, shredded|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pepper white||1 Dash|
|Beer/Ale||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Toast slice||12 , halved diagonally|
Calories 734 Calories from Fat 380
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.5%
Saturated Fat 25.8 g129.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 127.1 mg
Sodium 1118.3 mg46.6%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g15.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.2%
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 36 g72.3%
Vitamin A 24.6% Vitamin C 0.18%
Calcium 87.2% Iron 23.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare a double boiler pan. For this take a medium size saucepan and fill it with 3 inches of water. Place the pan on a medium low flame and allow the water to simmer steadily.
2. Fit a bowl over the saucepan such that the base of the bowl does not come in direct contact with the simmering water.
3. Add the butter in the bowl and allow it to melt.
4. Then blend in the cheese and seasonings and stir until melted.
5. Tip in the beer and whisk lightly until the sauce is thick and bubbly.
6. Keep warm until ready to serve.
7. On each serving plate, place three toast halves.
8. Cover them with the cheese sauce.
9. Sprinkle with paprika or garnish with tomato slices or olives if you like.