- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Welsh Cheesecakes Recipe
|Shortcrust pastry||4 Ounce (Ready Or Prepared According To Your Favorite Recipe)|
|Raspberry jam||2 Tablespoon|
|Icing sugar||1 Tablespoon (To Sprinkle)|
|For creamed mixture:|
|Caster sugar||2 Ounce|
|Self raising flour||3 Ounce|
|Warm water||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 312 Calories from Fat 130
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.5%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g15.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 52.9 mg17.6%
Sodium 291.7 mg12.2%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.57 g2.3%
Sugars 22.6 g
Protein 4 g8%
Vitamin A 11.4% Vitamin C 0.02%
Calcium 7.9% Iron 6.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat oven to Regulo 5 or 375°F.
2. On a floured surface, roll out pastry in to 1/8 inch thickness.
3. Using a fluted cutter, cut pastry out in rounds, about a 1/4 inch larger than the top of the patty tins. Reroll any scraps of pastry (if any) and cut out more rounds.
4. Take patty tins and line with pastry. Keep 1 teaspoon jam in each tart.
5. In a stand mixer, add margarine. Beat until fluffy.
6. Add caster sugar gradually and beat until light and fluffy. Add the egg and continue beating.
7. Put in the flour and beat.
8. Add milk finally and beat until a nice, creamy, silky batter with a dropping consistency is formed.
9. Drop a spoonful of the mixture in each case, making sure the jam is covered.
10. Bake half way down the oven for 15-20 minutes until the cakes are pale golden, and the creamed mixture is springy to touch.
11. Remove and cool on a wire tray.
12. Dust lightly with icing sugar and serve warm.