- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Wegmans Vegetarian Bolognese Recipe Video
|Basting oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (wegmans)|
|Garlic clove||4 Medium, minced|
|Mirepoix||8 Ounce, cleaned and cut|
|Tomato paste||6 Ounce (wegmans)|
|Bay leaves||4 Medium|
|Red wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Meatless beef style crumbles||13 1⁄5 Ounce|
|Piggy meatless sausage style crumbles||13 1⁄5 Ounce|
|Italian classics coarse ground tomatoes||56 Ounce|
|Diced tomatoes||28 Ounce|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried oregano||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste (wegmans)|
|Italian parsley||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Basil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2863 Calories from Fat 946
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 108 g166.6%
Saturated Fat 11.5 g57.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 6685 mg278.5%
Total Carbohydrates 284 g94.6%
Dietary Fiber 93.1 g372.4%
Sugars 102.3 g
Protein 218 g436.3%
Vitamin A 924.1% Vitamin C 642%
Calcium 175.4% Iron 258.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a stock pot on medium high heat, heat the basting oil and garlic, add in the mirepoix
2. Reduce the heat to medium low and cook for 20 minutes stirring occasionally, until vegetables are soft.
3. Add in tomato paste and allow to cook, for about 8 minutes stirring occasionally.
4. Add in bay leaves and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Pour in the wine and stir well to mix.
6. Raise the heat to medium high and bring the mixture to simmer, cook for 5 minutes stirring to remove the brown bits from the bottom of the pot.
7. Add in the sausage proteins and crumble, ground and diced tomatoes, water and oregano and bring to simmer.
8. Cook, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes, remove and discard bay leaves.
9. Stir in the olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
10. Garnish with chopped parsley and basil and serve hot.