- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Wegmans Turkey Chili Recipe Video
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Lean ground turkey||2 Pound (94% lean)|
|Garlic||12 Clove (60 gm), peeled, finely chopped|
|Sweet red peppers||1 Pound, dice|
|Green peppers||12 Ounce, dice (Food You Feel Good About Cleaned and Cut Diced)|
|Onion||12 Ounce (Food You Feel Good About Cleaned and Chopped)|
|Mexican chili powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh bay leaves||6 (or 2 dried)|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||2 Teaspoon|
|Canned diced tomatoes||29 Ounce (2 cans (14.5 ounce each))|
|Chicken stock||1 Carton (1 l) (Food You Feel Good About Chicken Culinary Stock)|
|Great northern beans||31 Ounce, drained, rinsed (2 cans (15.5 ounce each))|
Calories 729 Calories from Fat 140
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.6%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 83.8 mg27.9%
Sodium 647 mg27%
Total Carbohydrates 96 g32.1%
Dietary Fiber 28.5 g114%
Sugars 10.4 g
Protein 52 g104.7%
Vitamin A 78.4% Vitamin C 218.3%
Calcium 33.1% Iron 59.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat oil in large stockpot on medium-high until oil faintly smokes. Add ground turkey. Crumble and sear until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
2. Add garlic, peppers, and onions to browned ground turkey. Stir in chili powder, salt, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, bay leaves, cloves, and cumin. Saute a few minutes until onions and peppers are soft.
3. Add tomatoes and stock. Bring to a simmer.
4. Add beans and continue to simmer, uncovered, on medium-low about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Remove and discard bay leaves.
6. Ladle chili into warmed bowls and serve with crusty bread or corn bread or serve over rice if you like.
Chili tastes even better the next day when the flavors have melded, so save some for leftovers or make it a day ahead.