- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Wegmans Thai Chicken Soup Recipe Video
|Thai stock||3 Carton (3 l) (Food You Feel Good About Thai Culinary Stock)|
|Skinless boneless chicken breast/Ground chicken||1 1⁄2 Pound, ground|
|Breadcrumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Thai fish sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Celery stalk||8 Ounce, dice|
|Zucchini||1 Pound, peeled, cut in thin, match-like sticks (about 2 medium)|
|Green onions||1 Bunch (100 gm), diagonally sliced|
Calories 213 Calories from Fat 51
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.7%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105.9 mg
Sodium 947.5 mg39.5%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.6%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 32 g63.5%
Vitamin A 16.9% Vitamin C 30.3%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 8.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large stock pot, heat Thai stock on MEDIUM-HIGH to boil.
2. In the meantime, make the dumpling dough: Add chicken, eggs, bread crumbs and salt and pepper to large bowl and mix well.
3. Reduce heat to MEDIUM and allow the stock to simmer. Drop 1/2 Tbsp dollops of chicken dumpling dough into the simmering stock, stirring occasionally as you add fresh ones to keep cooking dumplings and prevent them from sticking.
4. Cook, stirring, 3-4 minutes, until dumplings reach internal temp of 165 degrees Check by inserting thermometer into center of largest dumpling.
5. Stir the fish sauce, lime juice, celery, and zucchini into soup.
6. Bring to rapid simmer. Turn off heat and add green onions.
7. Ladle into large soup bowls and serve piping hot.