- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Wegmans Super Pasta Summer Salad Recipe Video
|Asparagus||1 Pound, trimmed, cut in 1 1/2-inch pieces|
|Red sweet peppers||1⁄2 Large, cored, thinly sliced|
|Zucchini||1 Medium, trimmed, cut into quarters, then cut on bias|
|Goldbar squash/Yellow squash||1 Medium, trimmed, cut into quarters, then cut on bias|
|Spiral pasta||14 Ounce, uncooked (Food You Feel Good About Spirals Super Pasta)|
|Green onions||1 Bunch (100 gm), finely shredded|
|Cherry tomatoes||1 Pint, halved|
|Basil pesto||6 Ounce (Italian Classics Basil Pesto Sauce)|
|Lemons||3 Medium, zested and juiced (about 1/2 cup of the juice)|
|Cracked black pepper||To Taste|
|Pecorino romano cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), grated|
Calories 232 Calories from Fat 20
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.2%
Saturated Fat 0.39 g1.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.2 mg
Sodium 268.6 mg11.2%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.4%
Sugars 7.1 g
Protein 9 g17.5%
Vitamin A 25.6% Vitamin C 86.9%
Calcium 8.5% Iron 13.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Blanch asparagus in large pot of boiling salted water 1 minutes.
2. Add pepper, zucchini, and goldbar squash and blanch for another 30 seconds.
3. Remove veggies from blanching water using a spider spoon and refresh in a bowl of ice water for 30 seconds. Drain well and transfer to a large bowl.
4. Return blanching water to a boil and add pasta. Cook pasta for 9 minutes until cooked al-dente. Drain and rinse with cold water. Drain well.
5. Add pasta, green onions, and tomatoes to blanched vegetables in a large bowl.
6. Add the pesto sauce and toss well using two salad spoons.
7. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add lemon zest, lemon juice, and cheese. Toss again to combine.
8. This salad can be served warm or cold. The more you rest the salad, the more the flavors will develop.
Tomato Pesto Sauce can be substituted for the basil pesto.