- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Wegmans Spicy Pumpkin Bisque with Toasted Pumpkin Seeds Recipe Video
|Butter||6 Tablespoon (Wegmans)|
|Mirepoix||8 Ounce (Food You Feel Good About Cleaned & Cut)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), finely chopped (Food You Feel Good About Peeled)|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Long grain white rice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), uncooked (Food You Feel Good About Enriched)|
|Vegetable stock||2 Carton (2 l) (Food You Feel Good About Vegetable Culinary Stock)|
|Canned pumpkin puree||29 Ounce (Food You Feel Good About Solid Pack Pumpkin)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mace powder||1 Pinch|
|Cinnamon powder||1 Pinch|
|Cantaloupe melon||3 Cup (48 tbs), dice|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Pumpkin seed oil||2 Tablespoon|
|For toasted pumpkin seeds|
|Pumpkin seeds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Curry salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 165 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.1%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g19%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 12.1 mg
Sodium 349 mg14.5%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.3%
Sugars 7.7 g
Protein 3 g5.8%
Vitamin A 216.2% Vitamin C 24.6%
Calcium 3.1% Iron 6.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To toast the pumpkin seeds, preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Toss pumpkin seeds, curry salt, and olive oil together in a bowl. Spread in an even single layer on sheet pan. 3. Roast 7-9 min, until toasted; watch carefully so as not to burn. Remove from pan; let cool. Store seeds in airtight container until required.
4. Melt 2 tablespoon butter in medium stock pot on low heat; add mirepoix. Cook about 15 minutes, until vegetables are softened.
5. Add garlic, curry powder, and cayenne pepper; cook 2 minutes until spices release their flavors.
6. Add rice, stock, and pumpkin puree. Simmer 20-25 min or until rice is fully cooked.
7. Remove pan from heat and add sugar, remaining butter, mace, cinnamon, and cantaloupe. Stir well
8. Add soup carefully to blender, working in batches. Puree until silky smooth, pouring pureed soup into another clean pot.
9. Season to taste with salt and reheat if required.
10. Ladle into warmed bowls. Drizzle with pumpkin seed oil and sprinkle with toasted pumpkin seeds.
For greater convenience, soup can be pureed in stockpot with stick blender.