- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Wegmans Spicy Porchetta Panini Recipe Video
|Hot pepper spread||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (Italian Classics)|
|Mayonnaise||3 Tablespoon (Wegmans Classic)|
|Italian bread slices||6 Large, 1/2 inch thick (Garlic Tuscan Bread, center slices)|
|Parmacotto porchetta||1⁄2 Pound, thinly sliced (about 30 slices)|
|Organic baby arugula||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Provolone cheese slices||3 (Italian Classics)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Teaspoon|
Calories 288 Calories from Fat 176
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.4%
Saturated Fat 5.8 g29.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 48.4 mg
Sodium 992.1 mg41.3%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.57 g2.3%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 17 g34.5%
Vitamin A 3.7% Vitamin C 1.5%
Calcium 11% Iron 3.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Combine hot pepper spread and mayo in small bowl. Evenly spread each slice of bread with this mayo mixture.
2. Top 3 slices of bread each with about 10 slices of porchetta, 1/4 cup arugula, and 1 slice of cheese. Close sandwiches, pressing down lightly.
3. Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in large skillet on medium until oil shimmers lightly.
4. Add 2 paninis to the pan and press with spatula to flatten. Turn over when bottom slices turn golden brown, about 4 minutes.
5. Cook another 3-4 minutes, pressing occasionally with spatula to flatten, until second sides are golden brown.
6. Add remaining oil to skillet. Cook remaining paninis, per step 4-5.
7. Cut into triangles and serve immediately. If serving as a meal, accompany with a fresh salad on the side.
Use loaf ends for croutons or breadcrumbs.
Enjoy this sandwich on our Pane Italian for a lower-sodium option.