- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Wegmans Southwest Cabbage Salad Recipe Video
|For the vinaigrette|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), finely chopped (Food You Feel Good About Peeled)|
|Limes||2 Large, juice extracted (about 1/4 cup juice)|
|Ume vinegar||1 Tablespoon (or 1 teaspoon sea salt)|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Sea salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Italian Classics Campagnan)|
|Red cabbage||4 Cup (64 tbs), shredded (about 1/2 large head)|
|Cabbage||5 Cup (80 tbs), shredded (about 1/2 large head)|
|Fresh cilantro||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely (Food You Feel Good)|
Calories 380 Calories from Fat 334
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.4%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 286.3 mg11.9%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.7%
Sugars 4.6 g
Protein 2 g4.4%
Vitamin A 21.3% Vitamin C 101.6%
Calcium 6.9% Iron 6.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Make dressing by combining the garlic with lime juice and ume vinegar or salt in mixing bowl. Let sit for 10-15 minutes.
2. Whisk olive oil into garlic mixture. Season with additional black pepper and salt, if desired.
3. Add chopped cabbage, cilantro, and dressing to mixing bowl. Toss to combine. Cover with cling film.
4. Chill in refrigerator for at least 20-30 min.
5. Toss again before serving. Serve as a side to barbecues.
To get more juice from the limes, roll on the counter with the palm of your hand prior to juicing.