- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Wegmans Roasted Veggies with Chestnuts Recipe Video
|Brussels sprouts||3⁄4 Pound, trimmed and halved|
|Parsnips||2 Cup (32 tbs), peeled, cut into bite-sized pieces|
|Carrots||2 Cup (32 tbs), peeled, cut into bite-sized pieces|
|Fennel bulb||1 Large, quartered, cored, cut into bite-sized pieces (reserve 1 tablespoon of the fronds)|
|Garlic||10 Clove (50 gm), peeled|
|Sage||1 Teaspoon, mince|
|Fresh rosemary||1 Teaspoon, mince|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Italian Classics Toscano)|
|Cracked black pepper||To Taste|
|Chestnuts||6 Ounce, halved (Melissas Peeled Cooked Chestnuts)|
|Apple vinegar||1 Tablespoon (Wegmans Apple Vinegar Spritzer)|
|Fresh basil||1 Tablespoon, chiffonade|
Calories 258 Calories from Fat 94
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.8%
Saturated Fat 0.91 g4.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 135.5 mg5.6%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g12.9%
Dietary Fiber 8.9 g35.6%
Sugars 8.7 g
Protein 5 g10%
Vitamin A 156.3% Vitamin C 110.8%
Calcium 11% Iron 11.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Mix Brussels sprouts, parsnips, carrots, fennel, garlic, sage, rosemary, and olive oil in large bowl.
3. Season generously with salt and fresh cracked pepper.
4. Arrange veggie mixture onto sheet pan in single layer. Set bowl aside without wiping it clean.
5. Add chestnuts to bowl; stir to coat lightly with olive oil and bits of herbs that remain in bowl. Set aside.
6. Roast veggie mixture 15 minutes, stir. Continue roasting about 15 minutes, until just starting to brown.
7. Add chestnuts. Roast 5 minutes, to heat through.
8. Transfer to large bowl. Add apple vinegar spritzer, basil, and fennel fronds. Season to taste with salt. Stir to blend.
9. Serve as a side dish to roasts.
Fennel fronds are the feathery ends of the bulb.
You can minus the chestnuts and also add beets, yams, butternut squash, white potatoes, onions and even asparagus.
Sprinkle apple cider vinegar over cooked veggies instead of the spritzer.