- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Wegmans Red Quinoa-Avocado Salad Recipe Video
|Red quinoa||7 Ounce|
|Frozen sweet corn||12 Ounce, thawed|
|Fresh cilantro leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Green onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Plum tomatoes||2 Medium, diced (about 1 cup)|
|Avocado||2 Medium, peeled, pitted, cut into small dice|
|Vinaigrette dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Lemon Vinaigrette)|
|Cracked black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 261 Calories from Fat 132
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g23.9%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 210.3 mg8.8%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.3%
Dietary Fiber 7.6 g30.3%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 6 g11.2%
Vitamin A 13.2% Vitamin C 24%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 10.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cook the red quinoa as per directions on the package.
2. Drain and place in a bowl. Fluff with fork to separate. Chill well.
3. To a large mixing bowl, add cooked quinoa, corn, cilantro, green onions, and tomatoes.
4. Fold in avocados and dressing. Mix gently until well-combined.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Serve warm or cold.
Making the salad ahead of time and chilling it helps to allow all the flavors to marry together.